Wednesday, August 16, 2006

August 15, 2006 at 10:25 PM MDT
Tanner's had a great day. He's up and watching the Wiggles right now.

This morning he had to have an NJ tube placed. They had tried 2 times to place it up here, but couldn't get it in the right spot. So, they sent him down to fluoroscopy to get it in, and had quite a difficult time. But Tanner's a trooper. He did it!!

Other than that, the day has been relatively calm. We were supposed to go up to ICS today, but they don't have any rooms or not enough nurses or something. But, tomorrow we should be able to go up there. That will make 2 weeks in ICU!!! Only a week and a half more than it looked like it was going to be!

His prograf level was back to normal this morning, and they've started him back on the oral prograf tonight. So, hopefully his number will be good tomorrow. They've started NJ feeds at a mere 5 ml an hour. We're hoping to increase that slowly so he can finally get off of the TPN.

Last night Tanner slept almost 12 hours. From about 2 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon, only waking up every 3 hours or so to get comfortable. I slept with him last night, which I think made a lot of the difference. They don't like people to do that. But, I don't care! I'm doing what's best for Tanner. He just feels better with me around.

We're hoping if we have him up and playing for a few hours, he'll be ready to go back to sleep, since he had a 3 hour nap tonight!

That's all for now..
Megan

5 comments:

Corinne said...

I slept with him last night, which I think made a lot of the difference. They don't like people to do that. But, I don't care! I'm doing what's best for Tanner. He just feels better with me around.

Good for you. I'd turn into Mama Bear if anyone tried to tell me I couldn't stay with either of my kids. They'll get over it.

It's good to hear he slept so well. He needs all his energy to get better. Gotta keep dancing to the Wiggles!

jc said...

You're doing good, Tanner! Keep it up! ♥

Catreona said...

My goodness, but of course Mama needs to be with her baby, whatever the child's age, especially an actual baby, for Pete's sake. You just stand your ground. It's a pity though, in light of all your family and your little angel have been through, that anyone would give you a hard time.

We're with you.

puddle said...

One point when they were putting a tube in, they asked her if she'd like to leave. She said: Does Tanner get to leave? No? Well, then I'll stay. Very special woman this Megan is. . . .

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB MEGAN!! DONT leave the damn room.

What a good job little Tanner is doing! just amazing!!!

OOXOOXOXOOX