Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 17, 2006 at 01:14 AM MDT
It's been a relatively uneventful day. Just resting and getting better! They are fairly certain they will have a room on ICS for us tomorrow, Thursday.
Tanner's prograf level was 10 today, hopefully it will remain stable tomorrow.
He hasn't thrown up since this morning. (knock on wood)
They did remove the right JP drain this morning. That hurt quite a bit, but it was quick. Now we are down to one drain, the feeding tube, his PICC line, and the central line near his shoulder. Plus, the leads on his chest that measure breathing and heart rate and the oximeter that measures oxygen. That's a total of 12 cords and tubes. So, we still get quite tangled. But at least it's getting easier to move him from the bed to Mom's lap in the chair.

We asked the liver people today how long they thought we'd be here. She said we'd be home by Christmas. I guess that was her way of saying she has no idea! I just REALLY want to be home for the first day of school. But, they don't think we'll be home by next week. But, I'm going to have someone sit with Tanner so I can take my boys to school. Noah's starting kindergarten and Austin will be in second grade. That's just something I need to be there for.

I have been missing my other 2 boys so much. They've come up to visit many times, but it's just not the same as being home as a family. I just can't wait for things to get back to "normal."

As you can tell by the time, our sleep schedule is kind of messed up!
Anyway, more later...Megan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"getting better!"

Sounds good...stayin' positive in Iowa for Tanner
(and phil's little one too!).

♥ ♥ ♥

jc said...

♥ Megan ♥

puddle said...

And have I mentioned how much I love you guys, and how much I appreciate all the support, and love, and prayers, and light, and good vibes? And how important I think this is?

♥s!!!!

Anonymous said...

Megan you are the best. Sending more prayers your way.

kheart

Anonymous said...

Former school teacher saids JonBenet's death was an accident. Was it an accident she was sexually molested. Sorry I feel no remorse for this jerk.

kheart

Karen said...

♥ ♥ ♥

Anonymous said...

♥puddle♥

kheart