Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First post-op pic! (Sunday the 13th)


August 15, 2006 at 12:45 AM MDT
Good Morning.

Tanner has been resting in his moms arms tonight. He has had better diapers, not red today. We are praying and hoping that he is on his way to feeling better. Now we just have to get that Prograf level under control, then we will be heading up to ICS. We were supposed to go today, but it was too high. One of the Nurse Practitioners poked their head in and told the Nurse to take him off the prograf "NOW".
The first level in the morning was 30. They thought it was contaminated so they repeated it and it went to 37.

The oral medication is supposed to be easier to dose and maintain, but Tanner is still vomitting. Only a bump in the road....we need to get Tanner to have an appetite and eat! I know he will not have this problem as a teenager. I remember eating almost a whole pan of Chicken Broccoli cassrole for dinner at times.

They didn't assign us a sleep room tonight. I guess that means we aren't as critical as some of the other patients. They did get us a room that is up on the 4th floor that is for the NICU parents. It seems to far even though we are so close to Tanner. I feel like just sleeping in the corner standing up.

I found a web site tonight that really touched me and would like to share it with you.

http://www.thesurvivormovie.com

I would like to thank all of you that have taken the time to post your comments and thoughts. It means alot to us.

Jason

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason and Megan, you are so good to keep us updated on Tanner's progress. Many of our hearts are there with all of you.

Corinne said...

Thanks for the picture. One step at a time but it looks like things are moving in the right direction for him. Whatta sweetie.

Anonymous said...

♥Tanner♥

♥Jason and Megan♥

Tanner's photo looks great, thank you for posting it. Also thank you for taking precious time and keeping us updated. You are great.
Our hearts and prayers are with you.

lol about the chicken broccoli casserole, I can't get my family to eat broccoli of any kind.

kheart

Karen said...

My thoughts and prayers are continually with you.

Sudeaux Lux said...

Prayers ascending for a swift healing.

Catreona said...

♥Tanner♥

Any good news is mighty welcome. You can probably only reasonably expect very small steps.

Encouraged by something listener said to me the other day, I decided just now to say a Rosary for Tanner. The moment I crossed myself to begin, a most extraordinary thing happened. I felt as though I had plugged into a network or circuit with all the energy, including mine, flowing toward Tanner. I've never experienced anything quite llike it. It left me somewhat in awe. A whole lot of love and good vibes are being directed to that little fellow.

Hope he can sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a precious picture!! He looks happy, despite what he has been through.

Continued prayers for this beautiful child of God

jc said...

What a guy! :-)