Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Grateful for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

Slept from two to ten, solid. No one woke me at 2:10 to take blood. No one woke me at three to add a new drip or two to the IV. No one woke me at four to find a new IV site because the old one shut down and/or they needed two IV sites at all times. No one woke me at four to take vital signs. No one woke me at 4:30 to take blood. No one woke me at five to weigh me. No one woke me at six to give me a heparin shot. No one woke me at seven to introduce themselves and ask if I wanted a bath or a change of linen. No one woke me at eight to give me a vitamin B1 pill, four vitamin D pills, and half a blood pressure pill. No one woke me at 8:30 to offer me puree cream of wheat, puree scrambled eggs and jello. No one woke me at nine to ask me the last time I had a bowel movement. No one woke me a nine thirty to ask me if I had a history of high blood pressure. No one woke me at nine forty five to ask me what I felt like when I decided to come in to ER.

1 comment:

eagle said...

Sending you LLL and sincere wishes for a speedy recovery...hang in there and know that I am with you.