Friday, June 10, 2011



Friday, June 10, 2011 3:00 PM, EDT

I spoke with Ally's oncologist (here in NH) earlier this week. She has communicated with the NYC doctors. Here is what I found out: The Rituximab can take up to 3 months to see any results. Ally's next HAMA draw will be at the end of June, and this will mark the 3 month deadline. The plan will be: if she is still HAMA positive we will do Rituximab and Cytoxin (chemo) again, if she is negative we will head to NYC for a week of 3f8. The NYC doctor also said there is new evidence that the Rituximab, in and of itself, MAY help in keeping Neuroblastoma away. As long as scans are clear, I don't care what our treatment plan is....

Speaking of scans, Ally has MIBG injection on June 21, and MIBG scan, CT scan, and Bone Marrow Biopsy on the 22nd. Sadly, the 21st is Ally's last day of school, and she is going to miss it. I feel really horrible about that, but Ally is fine with it, so I will be too.

Now, the fun stuff:
[The photo above is of Ally playing mini golf.]

Ally got her new bed! [See photo below.]

I only have a couple of weeks of school left, and then Ally and I have tons of plans for the summer. She has swim lessons the first 2 weeks of summer, and then dance camp. We also have plans to visit with friends and we are hoping for an overnight trip up to StoryLand.

That's all for now. My next update will probably be about scans, unless something interesting comes up. Have a great couple of weeks!


No comments: