Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Just thinkin'. . . .

Every single site I use on the internets has a glitch. Some have many. Facebook has some kind of problem with scripts unable to resolve themselves. It can slow my browser for hours without notifying me so I can shut down that tab. It can crash my browser, or freeze my whole machine. HEP has a serious problem posting virtually *anything* takes two or three tries on nearly everything, sometimes 6 or 9 tries. The BBB after you edit takes you to a page, always, that it says doesn't exist. This problem in one form or another is going on three years. Other places change so often that no one can learn to use what features there *are*, give up and leave. One of my dating sites was hacked, which lead to a quick need for everyone (several million people) to get/insert new passwords. Time and the NYT take virtually forever (okay: ten minutes) to even load.

So I'm hoping that *nothing important* evah has to depend on the nets . . . .

We use the beast, make workarounds, adjust, get programs to deal with various glitches, but yanno? It doesn't *REALLY* work well, does it?

No comments: