Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:48 PM, EDT

Just when things are going along smoothly the universe gives you a boot to the chest and you land hard on your butt.

When I called the NYC hospital back today to find out about Ally's next HAMA draw they said one of the nurses wanted to talk to me. Ally's HAMA is still so high they want us to do another round of rituximab and cyclophosphamide. Uggggh. Setbacks stink, and it just brings up a whole new set of feelings, worries and thoughts. Plus, with the cyclophosphamide, Ally will miss school, as it is a chemo and her counts will drop.
Silver Lining: We can do this treatment at home.

I have not called the NH medical center to set this up, but I am guessing they will want to wait for scan results before they do this treatment, because if the scans are not clear (which they WON'T be!!!) then the point is moot anyway.


No comments: