Wednesday, December 01, 2010





Ally’s Story:

Since February 2008, Ally has been fighting Stage IV, high-risk Neuroblastoma. She has undergone numerous rounds of chemo, 20 sessions of radiation, tandem stem cell transplants, 2 major operations, and too many scans and smaller procedures to count. Ally went into remission around Thanksgiving of 2008. The tumor returned in February of 2009. She is currently undergoing 3f8 treatment at Sloan-Kettering in New York City. As of November 24, 2010 she is HAMA positive, and on hold for treatment until she becomes HAMA negative. In December 2010 she will undergo dental surgery to correct what the chemo and other treatments have done to her teeth. She is also up for her 3 month scans, around the same time.

Ally Update:

Happy Hanukkah to our friends who celebrate!

Today is my second day home sick. (I know this blog is about Ally, but, hey, I write it!) I have not taken a sick day for myself since before I was pregnant with Ally, and now I am on day two. I am pretty sure it is the flu, even though I got the shot. The worst part (other than the screaming migraine) has been staying away from Ally, so she doesn't get sick.

Anyway...on to Ally. Today I e-mailed her doctor at Sloan (who has been much easier to work with lately!!), and here is the plan: We will draw Ally's HAMA on December 16th, with results on the 22nd. If she is HAMA negative we will head to NYC for 3f8 and stay for 2 weeks, with the second week being for scans. If she is positive we will plan for scans here. The doctor in New York said we can even do bone marrows up here, which is a change in what they have said before, but works in our favor, so I will not complain.

Our only setback right now is Ally's weight. Since she has been off the appetite stimulant medicine she has lost between one and two pounds. Not cause for concern just yet, but we are keeping our eyes on it. Please pray that she finds a tasty, high fat, Holiday treat that will put some pounds (or at least ounces) back on her.

Ally is in love with the Holiday Season. It is so magical to watch her be so excited about everything! Life is good right now!

No comments: