Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:04 AM, EDT

A long, rambling story:

So....yesterday afternoon, not long after I posted, I got a call from Grammy ....

Ally had a temperature of 101. Normally at 100.5 we are admitted, but since we are not currently doing chemo I was hoping we could avoid that. I called up to the NH hospital and got to speak with one of Ally's oncologists up there. He said we should wait it out, since she currently wasn't doing anything that lowers her blood counts. He wanted us to wait until her temp reached 102. I also called NYC, because we are supposed to be there on Monday morning, and this whole fever thing might mess stuff up (plus we wanted to know when we should actually be there, since, apparently, they have stopped offering the service of letting patients know when to show up). They called me back and said to go see our local oncologist immediately. I told them I had already spoken to them and they said to wait until her fever reached 102. She said she would talk to the doctor and call me back. That was at 3:45 yesterday. It is now 9AM and they still have not called back. I am going to assume they are okay with the 102 thing.

Ally's temp never got to 102 last night and we secretly dosed her with some Tylenol (as an oncology kid she should not get Tylenol for a fever, because we have to be on top of it at all times, no masking the symptoms), right before bed.

This morning she woke up with a temp of high 99s (99.7, 99.9). She was happy to lay on the couch and watch cartoons. About an hour ago she started moving around and playing. I just retook her temp and she is down to 97.6 (normal for her).

Okay, so now we need 2 prayers....
2. no fever

No comments: