Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:26 PM, EST

This is a "I'm feeling sorry for myself, even though Ally is the one who should be feeling bad, so that just makes me feel guiltier" kind of post. Feel free to skip this one.

Things went well at the hospital on Friday. Ally ended up getting platelets and red cells, so Grammy, Grampa and Ally pulled in around 5:30PM, from a 9:00AM appointment.
When Grampa handed Ally over I thought she felt a little warm. A bit later we took her temp and it was 99.1 (she gets admitted to the hospital for a 100.5 temp). Right before bed she spiked up to 100 even. This morning it was back down in the low 99s/high 98s. Then, all of a sudden she jumped a whole degree from a perfect 98.6 to 99.6 in an hour....so, being a good mom I canceled my plans to have fun with my friends, in fear of getting called out of a movie to drive Ally to the hospital....here comes the I am feeling sorry for myself part....her temp has dropped back to the low 99s. I could have gone. Instead I am stuck watching/listening to the stupid knock off version of "Cinderella", Ally has somehow become very attached to.
Anyway...we saw this pattern in her last round of chemo. We are expecting her to get to 100.5 sometime tomorrow or Monday.

No comments: