Saturday, January 16, 2010

[x007.jpg]
jc's find



Eyes averted


we see the pain fresh

start out of self-reveree

the earth shakes and looking up see

what has been there all along.


No, look away again

how many minutes of fame does desperation get?

wild looks, fading to dull


Three days no water?

too much

seeing stomachs empty our eyes full

we look away

(as we have done for years)


Send money


as the young man all belongings

wrapped in a garbage bag

over shoulder walks by hoping a bed

opened at the shelter.



By Phil Specht on Jan 16, 2010 1:48 AM EST

3 comments:

hannah said...

I am jealous that Phil posts his poems here. I shall steal them. Even though I do not like poetry.

puddle said...

He doesn't. He's just given me permission to steal them, lol! And I *know* he'd welcome the double steal, grin! He misses you as much as I do!!

listener said...

= ♥ =