Friday, September 11, 2009

About two weeks ago, I ordered a book, American Dreamer (a biography of Henry Wallace) from Amazon. Shortly, I was inundated with email from Amazon about the order. I figured they were having an email problem. NOT.

Yesterday I picked up my mail: Five books. So last night (this morning) went to Amazon: five separate orders over three days. . . . I'd used one click. . . . Found the help pages, and got called in exactly five minutes by a nice girl. Who told me that I *had* placed five separate orders, and their recommendation was that I stop using one click because I didn't know how to use it. My first order was placed at one a.m.; the second, at six a.m. the same morning. I said no: the problem was theirs ~~ I'd gone to bed, and the computer, on dialup, was disconnected. . . . She did not agree. Evidently believed that for three days, at random hours, I pulled up the page, and hit one click, lol!

Final solution: contact the seller, and return the books, and get refund. . . . Book is $1.80. Shipping is $4.00. So I pay another $16.00 ($32.00 in shipping costs altogether), to get a $7.20 refund. . . Don't think so, lol!

I thought perhaps they (Customer Service could warn IT that they were having problems with the system). Nope. I asked her where she was: from the Philippines. . . Asked if that is *where* she was. . . Yes. Asked if it was a good job? Yes. I said, Good, enjoy it. And goodbye.

Better luck than with India Customer Service, but truly total lack of understanding, or power. . .

Next time, I need to pay attention *when* the weird emails start: as in cp. order numbers, and solve it *before* shipping. . . .

2 comments:

eagle said...

When invited to make a comment by Amazon (they usually ask for it via email shortly after ordering), I would send what you have written here.

It will likely make little difference, but the satisfaction element may be worthwhile.

White bear said...

Ah ha! What a good idear! I think I shall, lol!