Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:30 AM, EDT

I was so anxious about getting the phone call from the doctor, that I forgot to update about all of Ally's fun adventures of last week. I will make sure to do that on Tuesday or Wednesday.

For now, we ARE headed to the medical center today. A late afternoon appointment, which means we will be there until early evening. Thanks Grammy for driving us! You are the best!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:22 PM, EDT

In a surprise attack today Ally's counts were REALLY low. We knew this would happen...eventually. But, when it does happen, it kind of punches you in the gut and reminds you how much this stinks. Her counts were so low in fact that chemo almost didn't happen. We have had to revise the plan. She will get 4 days of chemo this week (Friday off) and depending on her counts this coming Sunday she will get 4 or 5 days of chemo next week. Then she will begin GCSF injections on August 1. In the past she got 7 injections. It looks like we are going to need to give her more. This will cause her to need 2 weeks off between chemo rounds. More time off is always nice, but it is just a reminder that Ally's body isn't strong enough to tolerate the low dose chemo like she has been. If she continues to be happy and active we will do 3 more rounds of chemo and then do more scans.

Ally rocked it out for 5 hours at the hospital today! High 5's all around please!

3 comments:

listener said...

Thanks for posting so quickly, puddle.

I felt the THUD when I read it the first time and there's still a little sadness in it, of course.

But now I am thinking that it doesn't have to be steady progress, it just needs to be more steps forward than backward.

I wonder if Ally is going through a growth spurt of some kind that may be taxing her a little more than usual.

As long as the cancer stays at bay, it's still all good.

listener said...

~ ♥♡♥ ~

puddle said...

I agree, love. As long as the movement is primarily forward, and it surely is. . . .

Also, I hate to second guess experts I've never even met, *but* I tend to think that the lesions on her legs were some kind of misreading in the first place: if they were *right* then she should have had pain when she obviously hasn't had. And I don't think our prayers have hurt at all, either.