Monday, June 08, 2009

From Megan



Sometimes I think, or maybe hope, that Tanner knows something I don’t know.


When he was going through treatment 3 years ago, and his future was so uncertain, we would drive past the elementary school where Austin and Noah go. Tanner would always be excited because that was his school, and he was going to go to that school. I guess I had no problem with little white lies when it came to my cancer kid, because my reply would always be “yep.. That’s your school.” We would talk about how he’d go there with his brothers. All the while, my heart was aching, and I was hoping beyond all hope that what I was telling him would be true.


Now, 3 years later, we’re enjoying the summer before Tanner starts Kindergarten!!! He is indeed going to that school. My little white lies turned out to be truth.


With that as background, let me tell you about a conversation Tanner and I had the other day. We were driving in the van to Grandma’s house. Tanner tells me “I’m going to buy flowers for a grill (girl) and give them to her and I’m going to marry her.” Then with a sheepish grin, he says “that’s what people do”


Maybe Tanner knows something … I’m hoping so…

5 comments:

Denise said...

Look at that smile!! You go Tanner, I'm with you and your family all the way - prayers and blessings.

listener said...

&#9825Tanner♡ knows fathoms because he really is that deep...
and that wonderful...
and that alive.

May we each live so well
and love so much.

My heart is aching with joy for you, Megan! ♥

listener said...

&#9825 = ♡

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. So profound. So wise. I second listener. May we all love so much and live so well.

tc

puddle said...

On Megan's behalf: Thank you all, good friends, thank you.