Sunday, March 01, 2009

SUNDAY, MARCH 01, 2009 12:03 PM, EST

Ally has a big day at the hospital tomorrow....so you know what that means...SNOW!

This time we are preparing ahead of time. We are headed up there this afternoon and spending the night at David's House. In all of our time of using David's House Ally has never actually been there. We are very excited for her. http://www.davids-house.org/

Her surgery to get the port is scheduled for 7:30AM, first of the day, so it should start on time. We have no idea how long the surgery will take. After she recovers from that she will start her first dose of chemo sometime tomorrow mid-day. Then we get to bring her home. She will go back for more chemo on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!

Daddy already has the day off of work for tomorrow, and mommy is anticipating no school because of the snow...so Mr. Champlin, if you are reading this, save those tax payers some substitute teacher money (and extend vacation!) and call a snow day for tomorrow!

I will be sure to let you all know how surgery and chemo went for Ally.

8 comments:

listener said...

Thanks so much, puddle. ♡

I heard from a family member today that Ally's parents are dealing with this all very well. They are making plans for her "services" and some special plants for the back yard. Purple plants, because purple is Ally's favourite colour.

puddle said...

Enough to make an angel weep, it is.

♥!!!

listener said...

LET IT SHINE ON ME
by Nanci Griffiths
as sung by Elisabeth von Trapp
(I have heard her sing this in person)


There's a star in heaven's sky
always shining bright
It's just a tear in an angel's eye,
a gentle guiding light.

Let it shine on me
Let it show the way
Let it always be
Let is always stay
Let it flood my soul
Let it hold the key
Let it all unfold
Let it shine on me

When the way seems so dark
Let it shine on me
Bringing home within my heart
A reason to believe

Let it shine on me
Let it show the way
Let it always be
Let is always stay
Let it flood my soul
Let it hold the key
Let it all unfold
Let it shine on me

The Astral Technician said...

Sometimes it seems as if there are no happy endings, and no ending of the grief.

Such a sweet child.

tc said...

I feel like an idiot, so uncomprehending. No words are adequate. Rage is futile. Love and kindness are all that's left to do.

Catreona said...

The poor sweet baby. ♥

listener said...

{{{ No worries, tc! ♥ }}}


Ah, Subway, but the Universe bends towards Love,
and that makes all the difference, eh? ♥

listener said...

There really isn't anything I need anyone to do.
But I want you all to know that your presence during this time is such a comfort.
Thanks so much for caring! ♡

puddle...please convey these messages as needed.
You are such a dear friend! ♥