Wednesday, February 18, 2009


3 years!


How in the world has 3 years gone by since Tanner was first diagnosed. It is so strange. I remember on the first anniversary of the diagnosis, i thought about sending out cards that said "it's been a year, I'm still here!" Maybe i have a dark sense of humor. I will NEVER forget sitting on Tanner's bed next to Dr. Meyers, and having her explain the gravity of the situation, and realizing that my precious baby boy, who I loved more than life itself, might not live to turn 2. But, he did!!! Now, he's almost 5. Can you believe it? We are so blessed, so grateful. Words cannot explain....


Tanner is doing well, overall. He's loving preschool (most of the time) and is getting so big. He likes to tease his older brothers. He writes his name so cute, and yesterday he wrote ZOO. He was so proud of himself.


Thank you to every one of you who has traveled this crazy journey with us...we love you...


And to our friends, new and old, who are still on the cancer-coaster, know that you are always in our hearts.


Megan

1 comment:

listener said...

♡ Thank-you for this marvelous update, Megan!! ♡

I am heartglad that Tanner is doing so well!

I didn't know when we were all hanging on every Tanner update, during the intense time, that my little grandniece would be diagnosed with stomach cancer just after her first birthday.
You have no idea how Tanner's story has helped to keep me feeling grounded during this new wild ride.
Ally is past the big treatments and on to the maintenance treatments
and we have much reason to be optimistic.

Reading your update makes me want to take some children to the zoo!

Hugs from Vermont! ♥
~ listener