Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ally's Mommy writes:

THURSDAY, JANUARY 22, 2009 08:06 AM, EST

Yesterday Ally woke up with a puffy eye. Her eye was about half closed. I called the hospital to make sure it wasn't some crazy side effect I should be freaking out over. They told me the medication she is on causes pink eye in over 40% of users. Ally's eye is not red, nor does it have any gunk on it....thus I don't think it is pink eye. It seemed to get better as the day went on. They told us if it was still puffy today to call her primary doctor. This morning Ally's eye was swollen shut. We have a call in to her doc. Daddy has today off (as he is working this weekend), so hopefully they will take her today. I will be sure to update as soon as we know more info on the mysterious puffy eye.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 22, 2009 12:56 PM, EST

Ally is being admitted to the hospital because of her eye. I don't know any details. I will try to update this evening or sometime tomorrow.


When you're not quite two years old, in quarantine and recovering from so many cancer treatments,
this is a worry.

Ally's birthday is in 8 days.
Sure hope she'll be home and healthy for it!

Here is a photo of Ally obviously taken on Tuesday.
Her Mardi Gras necklaces seem rather poignant!

No comments: