Sunday, November 30, 2008





It's been a while!
Posted 9:19 p.m. MST

Well, it's been a while huh? Tanner is doing well.

He was in the hospital a few weeks ago. He woke up on a monday morning at 4:30 with a fever, I instantly had the feeling "you need to take him to the E.R." So, I called my amazing parents and my mom came over to watch Austin and Noah, and my dad came with me and Tanner to the hospital. In the ER they did the usual things. Give him an IV, fluids, drew blood for labs and cultures, and started an antibiotic to be on the safe side. We were lucky to have Dr. Jackman there, who I just adore. He was the doc who told us Tanner had cancer back in Feb '06, and has had a place in my heart since then. He, and Tanner's liver doc, both felt uneasy about sending him home. So they admitted him as a precaution. The next morning, when Dr. Book came in to see Tanner she said "It's a good thing you're here!!!!" His blood cultures has grown out Streptococcus Pneumonae, which is what the prevnar/pneumococcal vaccine prevents against. It can become really life threatening really fast. Long story short, even though Tanner has been vaccinated, the chemo wiped out his immunities and he has to start his immunizations all over. He was in the hospital for a week, and came home with a PICC line to continue IV antibiotics.

He's doing much better now, thankfully.

Tomorrow he has a check up with Dr. Book (liver doc). Hopefully all will go well. I expect that they will.

I didn't post over thanksgiving, but was overwhelmed with my gratitude for my children, and so grateful for our liver donor and his/her family, who without, we would be missing a member of our family this year.

I love you all and thank you for caring about Tanner.

Megan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry little Tanner had another hospital visit but so glad he is home and doing better. You are such a wonderful mom, Megan. And your family is very special. Thanks for the update and continued blessings for good health for all.

listener said...

♥ I am deeply grateful for Tanner...for his smile, his vivacity, his impishness at times, for his will to make it, for his mom, for his daddy and siblings, for his great aunt, but especially for his well being! Thank you Megan! I treasure these updates. Blessings on your loved ones all the year. ♥