Saturday, September 13, 2008

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2008 06:22 PM, EDT
Ally's Mommy is again in Boston (for the weekend)


Now that I can actually SEE Ally I can see how rough this round of chemo has been for her. Her entire mouth is swollen, making her cheeks puff out and her lips look huge. Daddy says she has been comfortable with the morphine (as she should be, because the dose she is getting this time is 4X the amount she got last round!) but they still need to give her an extra boost at night sometimes. Pretty much since Wednesday she has been sleeping, although today she had short bursts of energy. I am hoping by the end of the weekend to get a smile out of her.

I would like to send out a special thanks to a couple of my fellow teachers for covering my class so I could beat the parent pick up rush at the end of the day and get out of the parking lot and head towards Ally that much sooner! (They did it last Friday too.) THANKS!!! The BIG hug Ally gave me when I showed up was AWESOME!

After Ally goes to bed tonight I will try to post some new pictures to this website.

No comments: