Wednesday, July 09, 2008




Verizon
...............Verifiable zone? Versed horizon?
.....................whose very name is gobble and gook


You slut ~~
You lied to me
You promised me words
and have delivered -- for 13 years --
holes. Oh, yes. Sometimes


you bother to fix it for a while
if I keep after you
you act as if you care
or turn to torture others for a while


But always return to me
And if I dare complain you ask:
Have you checked the outside box?
Yes. For thirteen years, I've carried
the phone outside in the dark,
in the rain, fog, snow, sleet,
and you know? It has never, once
in thirteen years been my one small foot
of wiring: it has always been you.


And now you have a new line:
perhaps the batteries in your phones are low.
Perhaps. But the computer has no batteries,
and you cut that off, too.
You keep no records, so every time
is new, you fake virgin. And every time
the game is the same: first this, then that,
then bad again. Day after dull day, week
after dull week, month after dull month,
till you come to the same place in month four
or month five, and fix it.


Clue: just go to that majical point
discovered on the 12th week,
or the 15th week,
and fix it FIRST.


If you were a husband, you'd be divorced
If you were a gigolo, you'd starve
and I'd gladly shovel dirt on your rotting corpse
If you were a child, you'd be headed for jail
without a soul to weep or wail.
As it is, I'm left to my own devise
and light a candle for your sweet, complete, demise
and chant an incantation for your trip to hell
devoutly wished, by me, my friends and family,
my love, and my Dell.
(The cat's not voting.)



jjl
8 July 2008

No comments: