Thursday, May 29, 2008

Men who love war. . . .



from HEP:



Another Vermont soldier had died in Iraq.
http://www.wptz.com/news/1641936...364/ detail.html

In one month he was supposed to end his third tour there.

During his second tour in Iraq he was injured,
and had a serious head wound with bleeding arteries.

His mother is a surgical nurse and says he was in no condition to return to Iraq, but they sent him back anyway.

Now the Army tells the family he died in his sleep of "sleep apnea."

On the late news his family said they are very angry. They believe he died of his previous injuries, and the negligence of the military.


Gravatar
. . . .

listener | Homepage | 05.29.08 - 1:55 am | #
Died of sleep apnea, eh? Like the old song says:

"Put it on the ground,
Spread it all around;
Dig it with a hoe,
It will make your flowers grow!"

Very long day at work today, some of it waiting for me in the morning. A fairly good day's work would be 60-70 police and coroners' specimens (for alcohol and drug testing, mostly); our old record was 170, and today we got 181. At least a hundred of them were drunk driving stops in one county over the weekend; we had hoped the cool weather and high gasoline prices would put a damper on that sort of thing, but no such luck.

And now to bed. Will try to remember to get a card for Alex on my way to work in the morning.

TTFN


Gravatar Sleep apnea. Yeah, right...He couldn't even eat solid food when they sent him back for his third tour, after being injured by a roadside bomb in his second tour.

This soldier was from Castleton, VT (about 20 miles from my house). He had a wife and 3 small children. His aunt (mother's sister) is Mia Farrow, who wrote on her webste:

"I hope I never see George W Bush. I could not shake his hand. He and his cabal have killed my beautiful nephew just as surely as if they had shot him. May God, if there is one, forgive them. I cannot."
http://www.miafarrow.org/


Gravatar LTE in today's Rutland Herald from Patrick Farrow (Mia Farrow's brother):

"Because of the arrogant corrupt lies of George W. Bush and his neocon handlers my nephew is dead, and I am mad as hell..."
http://www.rutlandherald.com/app.../1037/ OPINION02


Gravatar "To date all the family has heard from the Army is that Jason variously died "in his sleep" and "in his bunk" and "in his quarters" and my favorite "sleep apnea complicated by smoking cigarettes," in other words, natural causes...His death will not be counted as a war casualty."

1 comment:

listener said...

♥ puddle, THANK-YOU, once again. ♥
I had missed Alan's and Jessica's comments until I read them here.

I am grateful for your highlighting Jason's death, and the true cause of it.

"The truth will set you free."

Lies sure do not!