Friday, February 01, 2008

Tanner Update ~~ And thanks from me, too

317 February 01, 2008 at 11:21 AM MST

This is Megan. Yes, Tanner was up in the night! I woke up at about 3:30 to Tanner saying "Mom, there's room. there's room. there's room." Which meant that he wanted me to come lay by him. So, I got up and went over to his bed. He was so tangled! But, after starting to untangle him, I thought that either he got really tangled or really mad! His oxygen was disconnected from the wall, and off his face. His NG (feeding) tube was completely out, and the pulse ox was off of his foot. He pointed at his nurse and said "You don't put my tube back in...NEVER..."
This morning he's had an albuterol treatment for his lungs, and at the moment is off of oxygen. Dr. Book, his liver doc, just left and said there's a possibility of going home if we're comfortable doing feeding/hydration through his ng. However, he hasn't taken anything by mouth in a couple days, so I'd like to see him tolerating food/water before we leave. We'll see.

Thank you for your prayers, Megan



316 February 01, 2008 at 08:33 AM MST

After a good nights sleep for me in the recliner. I woke up with the Nurse doing vitals on Tanner. His Temp is 36.4, which is normal. They have him still on oxygen, but it is blow by, not directly in his nose. He looks better. He is resting. I am sure he was up in the night, because there was a movie playing when I woke up.

He had to have a magnesium rider in the night because that was low and they just took his blood again to check that level.

Today has started off well. Thank you for all of your thought and prayers.

Jason - Tanner's Daddy

1 comment:

listener said...

♥♥ Lovely, lovely news!!! ♥♥
Tanner, Megan and Jason, Austin and Noah
all together again soon! Hurrah!

May "NEVER" last forever.
We are all so delighted!!

~ listener and the Contemplatives