Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tanner Update

315-- January 31, 2008 at 02:43 PM MST


We have just found out that Tanner has Influenza A. They said it gets worse before it gets better and we should plan on being here at least through the weekend! yikes. When we came in yesterday his lungs were clear, no cough...only fever, lethargy, pain. But starting at about 3 am, he started coughing, and by this morning his lungs were really wheezy. Now I (Megan) feel like I'm getting it too. So, they suggested I call my doc to get tamiflu to shorten the duration. I'm trying to find someone to call that in for me now.

Pray for Tanner, and our other boys. Austin and Noah need your prayers just as much. It is so hard for them to be away from us. I told Noah when we left for the hospital last night that I'd be back when he woke up. Why in the world did I say that?? I feel so bad.

Anyway, we'll update later.

Megan

1 comment:

listener said...

♥ Megan...
Please cut yourself some slack. You gave Tanner fluids and Tylenol and endured the unwelcome onset of Tanner's illness admirably amid fears and heartache.
Why did you say you'd be home? Maybe because you were trying hard to take care of all your chicks at once, under duress?
You owe them a good explanation, which you certainly have...and the wonderful thing is that you get to tell them it's "just" the flu, not Tanner's liver.

Now please take good care of YOU and let others help you. Taking good care of Mama is taking care of the whole family. I hope the tamiflu helps a lot!

I want to hear that Tanner gets the flu and comes through it all right. Imagine, an "ordinary" illness! I remember how elated we felt when our niece who had a bone marrow transplant for leukemia got shingles..."merely" shingles!!

If things are catawumpus from here, may it just be ordinary chaos. Please know there is a whole group of Contemplatives from all over New England praying for Tanner and all of you.

So glad you got the red carpet treatment at the hospital. You deserved it!