Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tanner update. . . . prayers, please



January 30, 2008 at 09:39 AM MST


Good Morning to everyone. I hope that all of you are okay and that things are well.

This is an update from Jason, so here it goes!

During the past couple of days, Megan has began to notice that Tanner has becoming heavier. I really haven't noticed that much. Another thing is that his belly is bloated or bigger. I wasn't that concerned until today.

Last night I was spending some time with Tanner and he was watching a movie. I would leave the room and he would call out "Dad where are you?" I guess he wanted to know that I was close and didn't leave. When I changed him, he felt warm to me. I wanted to take his temperature but he did not want me to. He told me "No! No! No!" I asked him if he felt hot and he said no.

Megan called me this morning and said that Tanner has a fever. I was hoping from last night that his temperature would go down. So tonight, Tanner and I will be heading to the Hospital for Labs. I am going to have them take his temperature while we are there.

I am scared. We have come so far when I look back, but yet we still have far to go. The first thing that comes to mind is liver rejection now. I am worried. Will Tanner be okay? Is his new liver okay? Will he make it to his 4th birthday? All of these thoughts are rushing in my mind and I can't find peace right now. It is hard to describe the feelings that I am feeling. Of course I have always been the type that thinks "worse case senerio".

I ask of each of you that "still" think about Tanner to take a moment and say an extra special prayer for this little guy. I am.

From the Father and Daddy of Tanner, thank you for ALL that you have done for us.

I hope to have good news tomorrow from his labs. I will post again tomorrow.

Jason - Tanner's Daddy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers being sent.

Anonymous said...

every day is a blessing

our lives are an addition if we make them

a day with a child ... always ...
one at a time

Anonymous said...

To sweet Tanner and his family - know that prayers are flying across the country for you, sweet boy.

Anonymous said...

Sending positive vibes.

puddle said...

Thank you all, so much!!

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Tanner and his family. Be strong, have hope, and never stop believing in miracles.

Puddle,
Just looking at your blog for the first time in a long time.

May your snow angles watch over Tanner.

ChrisNYC

Karen said...

♥Tanner♥

listener said...

Ohh, sooo sorry to hear of the concern for Tanner's health! Wouldn't it be wonderful if he "just" has a virus or appendicitis? I am so grateful that Jason was able to be open about his fear. I am holding them all in the Light. I have also passed the concern along to the wonderful clergy and lay Contemplatives who prayed for Tanner through his transplant and recovery. All Loves! ♥

listener said...

Here's a sweet note I got back from a beloved Contemplative:

Holding Tanner and ALL who touch his body...that they do so with God's love, compassion and healing touch! Patricia