Friday, October 12, 2007

Al Gore Belongs in Jail


Rainforest Action Network


donate | tell-a-friend | subscribe


Al Gore Belongs in Jail

Dear Julie,

Al Gore should be arrested.

And I want to go with him.

I can't tell you how glad I am to see the Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Gore. He has become a global warming hero, and I applaud all of his work to inform the public about the global climate catastrophe.

I was particularly impressed when I read that Al Gore "can't understand why there aren't rings of young people blocking bulldozers and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants."

Well, today I would like you to invite Al Gore to join me and thousands of RAN supporters November 16-17 for 24 hours of nonviolent direct action targeting the banks, Citi and Bank of America, that want to finance more than 150 new coal-fired power plants in the U.S.

But I don't just want you to ask him to show up. I want you to ask him to get arrested with me!

I want to spend a day in jail with Al Gore.

You can help. Sign the petition and tell Al Gore that you want him to get arrested, Nobel prize around his neck, for blocking the construction of coal-fired power plants.

But tell him to do it strategically.

By the time the bulldozers are on the ground, it is already too late. We need to stop these projects before they start and the best way to do that is by preventing them from being financed in the first place. The coal industry depends on Wall Street. So we're going after the industry's biggest funders: Citi and Bank of America.

What could make a bigger statement than Nobel Peace Prize-winner Al Gore following the grand tradition of Martin Luther King and Gandhi by using civil disobedience to help create a clean energy future?

Let's make it happen. Sign the petition right now!

Winning the Nobel Peace Prize is an amazing accomplishment. I am impressed and inspired. Now I hope that Al Gore will take his own advice and join us as we take a stand for the future.

Thank you,

Michael Brune
Executive Director


This message was sent to llemontree@earthlink.net. Visit your subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from Rainforest Action Network, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).



donate | tell-a-friend | subscribe



__________ NOD32 2590 (20071012) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com

No comments: