Tuesday, July 31, 2007


This summer


Last year, before the transplant



July 30, 2007 at 09:32 PM MDT
Friday will be the one year anniversary of Tanner's transplant! Can you believe it's been a whole year?

I can't stop thinking about his donor's family. This week will mark one year for that family without their child. Did his donor have siblings? I wish I knew more. I pray for them a lot. Every August we will celebrate another year of a second chance at life for Tanner. But for their family, it marks one more year without him/her. (I've said before that I think it's a 'her.')

Did they know today that their child would die? Tomorrow? Did they know it was coming? Did it happen suddenly? What was he/she doing one year ago today?
They saved Tanner's life and I will forever be grateful.

Megan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and appropriate remembrance.
It brings tears to my eyes of both joy and compassionate sorrow.
Life is amazing; and death isn't the last word, love is.
♡ ♥
~ listener