Tuesday, May 08, 2007

[29194267.Forgetmenots.jpg]
Lost in the Forgetmenots tonight
A night I never imagined

A night without you in it.
Somewhere, real, in the world.

Drowning in the blue of their little faces
In memory that begins to hurt
refuses solace

And I want, forgive me, to pry
my eyes loose of the memories
my fingers from around the neck
of your soul

If you once were not
Not one thing I could have imagined
Why now that you are not
Can I not just let you fly
free of me, my longing?


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

{ { { ♥ puddle ♥ } } }

Laurie and I planted blue forget-me-nots with the bluebells we set out in my garden for Rene.

Now they will also remind me of Edwin.
Seems fitting.

Our loved ones are always with us
in our very cells.

♥♥

~listener

Thankful said...

In every cell and fiber. Some days are not for solace, but for sorrow at the loss and joy of the memories.

Thinking of you ♥

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to Edwin, puddle.

I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with you and him last year. Such a nice man, and loved his style. You'll see him again one day - that I know.

xoxoxox

Annabelle said...

Beautiful!