Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On this election day, and every other day: Thank you Howard Dean. . .


Thank you, jc. . . .


e.c.owens
puddleriver
1/30/2005 9:12:33 PM
good evening !


Julie,

Thank you so much for the good morning greeting, (such a treat to hear from you first thing in the morning). And, the beautiful "Moth"(?) picture. I encountered a creature like that in Abingdon VA. a few years ago - long story - my God, but they are lovely and fragile.

So, trying to catch up:

1) bad phraseology on my part; I'm not starting my next gig today (that happens Tuesday), I was just excited to be facing the coming week with the prospect of meeting the Gov.; and beginning a new job.

2) Yes, he is totally amazing!
a.) intense BLUE eyes
b.) he has that "look" about him. He is listening and commenting on your every word - yet promising to meet you somewhere in the future.
3.) Smaller of stature than I had thought, but, like Robert F. Kennedy, he's the one I want on my side in a fight.
4.) As with John F. Kennedy, one has the experience that what he says in his speeches is a reflection of his own experience and view of life.

Sort of a joke:

I had a job this morning.

Howard was to give a speech to grassroots supporters (DFNYC) in the auditorium of the SEIU union hall. Before the speech Tracey Denton (head of DFNYC) was trying to arrange for people like me, who have worked in the campaigns but never met the man, to, well, meet the man. Tracey asked me to be "on the door" with another fellow so this reception could be kept small and the Gov. would not be mobbed. She said she wanted me to do it, "Because you're so big and intimidating looking". I wore what I think of as my "Lawyer Suit". As the morning wore on and we were waiting for Howard to arrive I realized that I should probably call this my "Cop Suit". No one would talk to me. And no one tried to get past me. Questions were invariably directed to my partner, and when he told them, "No, this is a private reception." They would generally shoot a glance at me and walk away.

If they only knew what a sentimental slob I am. If it had been left up to me I would have said, YES, COME IN! EVERYONE SHOULD MEET HOWARD DEAN! (LOL)

I did get to "hold, and admit" my Congresswoman, "Yes, Ms. Maloney and how nice to see you here!"

I have yet to figure her out, most folk in my district were very excited when she was first elected, she votes "right" but many were expecting greater leadership. Ah well.

This is now going on too long.

More later.

With Love, XO Edwin

2 comments:

puddle said...

❣back, jc❣ and more. . .

Anonymous said...

♥puddle♥

kheart