Friday, November 10, 2006


Edwin Owens
pudderiver
4/4/2005 10:26:16 PM
Poem



Thus is no doubt something of a paraphrase both the words and the
"style". I am quoting from memory - lost my copy of e e cummings
........................................................................


if i have made

my lady

intricate imperfect various things

chiefly which wrong your eyes

if i have failed
to snare the glance too shy

if through my singing

slips


the skillful strangeness of
your smile

the keen primeval silence of your hair

songs less firm

than your body's whitest song upon my mind

frailer than most deep dreams are frail

then let the world say

his most wise music

stole nothing from death

you only will create

who are so perfectly alive

my shame

lady through whose profound and fragile lips

the sweet small clumsy feet of april came

into the ragged meadow of my soul

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<>
I think i have something out of order up there but I"m not sure what.

I love this poem, it was especially important to me when I was a "mere
slip of a thing" !!!

Love always, XOXOXO Edwin



puddleriver
Edwin Owens
4/4/2005 10:44:39 PM
Re:Poem

Edwin, however the original went (and what was on the page feels very cummings to me), that was truly lovely. Thank you so much for sending it to me.

xoxo Julie

p.s. I miss you

No comments: