Sunday, October 22, 2006

Striking the set


Three years to put up; one month to take down. . . .

Friends are coming around noon to help pack the car. Then I'll be driving to Baltimore to drop off a load, stay the night at another friend's house, and returning tomorrow morning in time for parking.

I can hardly begin to say how much I do NOT want to do this. Clutching to straws, indeed. Leaving this place where we were so happy, with stuff, yet. And yet that stuff is stuff that surrounded us, our dreams, and is pretty much all that is left that is tangible. It is also his only tangible legacy.

The memories in the hearts of his friends will last, of course. And perhaps, for some, even be passed to the next generation. And equally certain, none of this matters to his soul's survival, of which I have no doubt. I know he's fine, and more than fine. But this trip is really the beginning of the end (to be completed later this week) of striking the set.

Howl?

5 comments:

Karen said...

{♥{♥{hugs}♥}♥}

Anonymous said...

Miss Puddle. This reminds of a glass I had of Christys. Long story short the glass broke one day , one of the kids messin' around or something.. For 3 days I was tortured by it.. this damn cup she left behind ...

Anyway , on one hand I can relate but then.. no, I didn't leave a lovers home when I left Texas, I left a nightmare....

I don't know what to say (whats new, right?!) other than I bet some of the strength that you gained in having this relationship, will help you walk out the door...
Of course knowing you Puddle, you already had the courage and strength to do most anything. Who wants to use strength for something like this anyway, i know...

Random thoughts, apologies..hope its coherent

Puddle I'm sorry you have to walk out that door and I can't imagine how hard that will be for you tomorrow but I guess the good side of this (ugh, good?!) is that it makes you one step closer to "things" being just that, "things" ... God theres nothing right to say right now so Im gonna shut up.

Your happy place with Edwin is in your heart and you aren't closing that door because we wont let ya!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the visual and poetic beauty created and shared on this site, puddle.

Anonymous said...

Hi puddle,

Just dropping some love your way - sorry I've been too busy to check out your site lately - but it was a lovely way to spend some time this afternoon.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

This is ChrisNYC-- just letting you know that Puddle changed plans and is in NYC til probably this weekend. Her internet access is now very sketchy.