Wednesday, October 18, 2006

On Golden Pond


photo credit: listener



To: drillingcompany@aol.com
Subject: Edwin Owens


Hi, I am Dylan Perlman, twelve years old, from the cast of On Golden Pond. I would just like to tell you about how kind and helpful Edwin was. On Golden Pond was my first national tour, so I was very homesick at some points. Edwin helped me through that by being extremely welcoming to my mom and me. We had a great relationship, and I'm very glad that I got to know him. We had a great day at the Minnesota State Fair, especially on the log ride. Edwin and I were the two who didn't get that wet. We had a lot of great times like that. I remember all the times we ran lines together. Whenever I think of Norman's lines I hear Edwin's voice in my head. He was really a great man, who loved to help others. In the few weeks I knew Edwin I really got to know him well. I apologize that I couldn't come today. Unfortunately circumstances don't allow me to come out from Seaford, Long Island. I wish I could've come to the memorial for an amazing man.

Dylan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edwin had talked to me about this young actor. He was looking forward to working on Shakespeare with him. He also had a wonderful day at the Minnesota State Fair with Dylan and his mom, and Shadoe (whom Dylan was standing in for) and his mom.

In going through his papers, I've found so many letters from the children in his shows. He clearly treated them with great respect, which they, as clearly, felt.

Beyond that, I watched him take under his wing (with great delight!) the young actors he played with. It was very important to him that theatre continued to be peopled with actors of talent and mission rather than *Stars* ~~ and he was willing and eager to help them in any way he could.


.

No comments: