Wednesday, September 06, 2006



September 05, 2006 at 07:14 PM MDT
I was looking at the photo gallery again. Can I just tell you how Weird it is that doctors cut people open and chop a part of them out, then sew in a completely foreign part and staple them back together? As weird as that is to me, it's amazing that the body heals from it!! I am so amazed at how STRONG the body is, yet so FRAGILE. Know what I mean?
We had another liver clinic appointment today. Tanner's numbers all look good. Dr. Book, the liver doc, said that oncology wants to start chemo this week. Funny, they haven't called me!! I told her I don't want to do it this week. I want to wait until next week. WHY?? I don't have a definite answer. I just do. We want to make the right decisions for Tanner. Maybe this week is too early, maybe next week is too late, maybe it doesn't matter either way. I felt like Dr. Book kind of bullied me! (not too bad, she's nice.) She thinks I should listen to the experts and do as they recommend. I told her that I don't trust the oncology team. She says they're very experienced. Well, if it had been up to them, they wouldn't have scanned Tanner in July and found that the fungus was gone. They would have waited for who knows how long, unable to give me a good reason for the delay, with the possibility of a bad outcome. I do trust Dr. Meyers, however. I'll be talking with her tomorrow. We'll see what we decide. I finally told Dr. Book that this is a matter of prayer. What could she say to that? I also added that if God wants Tanner to live, this CANCER CANNOT KILL HIM. And if God intends for Tanner to die, the doctors can't save him. We've made it this far through the power of faith, prayer, and miracles. This is no time to stop!!

We can see Tanner's personality. He is so happy. He is trying to walk, and he loves moving himself around on his little tricycle. I just keep thinking what things will be like at Christmastime.

Tanner even ate dinner tonight. Some wonderful friends brought us the most delicous chicken noodle soup for dinner. Tanner ate several bites of it! YUM!!

On another note...does anyone want to guess how much a 3 week hospital stay for a liver transplant costs? (just the hospital. not the doctors, or anesthesiologist or whoever else gets to bill us)

$189,000. Crazy, huh!? Good thing for insurance.

3 comments:

jc said...

Anonymous said...



Happy to hear that Tanner is happy and eating better. Sending love.

kheart

Anonymous said...

{{{Tanner}}}. Megan, your Mother's heart and instincts have served Tanner well.

Glad Tanner enjoyed some chicken soup. And still holding you all in the light.