Wednesday, September 27, 2006

He Helped a Dean Delegate Get To the Convention

I did a double-take and then burst into tears when I saw Edwin's picture at the top of BFA this morning. I am sorry he didn't make it. It always makes me sad when someone I cherish passes on and is not here any more.

Back in spring of 2004, one of Dean's delegates (Renee from WI, as I recall) logged onto the blog in tears. She had managed to scrape together air fare to get to the Democratic Convention, but could not pull together the money for expenses to stay there-- hotel, food, etc. She told us she would not be able to go after all.

I proposed to the blog that we do a fundraiser to get her the money she needed. Edwin as "The O.C." was one of those who responded with a promissory note, and by later that evening I was able to PayPal Renee the money she needed. It is one of the Deanie deeds I am most proud of having done.

And I still have, and will now cherish more than ever, the little envelope and note from "The O.C." in NYC, which contained the check he had promised me.

I hope he is happy where he is now. And I am so, so glad he was able to have people with him at the end; blessings on you Thankful, Puddle.

Off to work now, bye.

by Dean Nut in Sandy Eigo on Tuesday, 09/19/06 @ 09:35 AM | Rate this | Avg Rating: -

No comments: