Saturday, August 26, 2006

August 25, 2006 at 08:55 AM MDT
I am so tired.
Anger, frustration, and crying (yesterday) just makes the tiredness worse.
We just want to go home. They are seriously holding us hostage, with no good reason. The end of last week I told them I would like to get home by Tuesday. They said all he needed were his drains out and to be off TPN. All that was accomplished by Sunday/Monday. But, then they decide we can go home Friday. Yesterday morning the Doc said we could go home. Well, about 3 o'clock the discharge planner comes in, and in kind of a grumpy way, tells us that there is just no way that they can get us out of there with virtually no notice. They kept telling me they'd send someone in to "talk to me." Which means they're sending someone to try and explain to me why we have to do it their way and not ours. Frustrating! The different teams of people here have a SERIOUS communication problem. The doctors say one thing, but then they don't pass it along. Very AGRIVATING! Yesterday I felt like we were hostages. JUST LET US GO. I really hate having other people being in charge of us. The GI resident tried to claim that his counts were worrisome and that's why he wasn't going home. NOT TRUE. I had just talked with the attending that morning, and his counts had been virtually stable for a week. It's frustrating that they're holding us hostage because of their convenience, and then at the last minute they try to claim it's for medical reasons. ARGH! You'd think the emotional health of the patient and his caregivers would be a priority. But, they could really care less.

My mom ended up taking Noah to his first full day of Kindergarten. I think he was ok with that. Me, not so much! But, thanks to my mom for ALL she does. I love her!
Then, my parents came up on short notice to watch Tanner while Jason and I took the boys to back to school night. We thought about skipping it, but Austin had made something to show us, and he really wanted us to be there. Thank you Mom and Dad!

Well, they assure us we'll be leaving today. I know this all sounds trivial. It's just a couple days, right? But, sometimes I just get to the point where I've had it!

August 25, 2006 at 07:24 PM MDT
we're home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

home :)