Monday, August 21, 2006

August 21, 2006 at 02:35 PM MDT

No news is good news. Tanner has been doing great. They took out his other JP drain yesterday. They have gone up on his NJ feeds and down on his TPN. He has been smiling and laughing. Austin is here with me and Tanner right now while Grandma Shirley, Grandma Suzie, Noah, and cousin Tagen are at the zoo.

We went out for a walk in the wagon. Austin pulled, while I pushed Tanner's IV pole.

August 19, 2006 at 11:28 PM MDT

Tanner just said his first complete sentence. He looked over at the door and said "I can't see it." I asked if he wanted me to open the blinds on the door. He did. It turns out he wanted the star that was hanging on his door, but he couldn't see it because of the blinds. Cute boy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Anonymous said...

Love to hear this. Megan, if you have to leave Tanner again here's what I did with my kids. I'd leave something they knew was mine and ask them to watch it until I got back. I learned that tip from somebody else, and it did seem to make them a little less fearful of my absence and reassured them that mommy will be back.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah
veddy good!

jc said...

Sounds great! :-)

jc said...

susand,

That's an excellent idea. I'll have to remember that one.

Karen said...

♥wonderful news♥

Anonymous said...

Oh yes this is fantastic!! What a trooper Tanner is turning out to be. God has great plans for him.