Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Well, I *was* looking for a picture of a wet yellow cat. . . .




This was written earlier today:

Just took one *really* exciting ride. Had some checks that pretty much had to go to the Post Office, and I'm almost out of cigs (normally would be okay, but with the water rising, I could be shut in for a week). So hopped in car and left during a break in the rain. Just before I left, noticed Honey Pie trying to get back across the bridge. The bridge slopes slightly, so there was less water on the far side. She'd gotten part way across and when the water got too deep, too swift, so she had turned and was working her way back. She was not a happy pussy!
When I got back from the store, the water was up another six inches. I stopped at the top of the road, and called her. She was delighted to see me, and got in the car with no problem. She did not, however, like the ride back. Nor, in fact did I. One can't really tell how much of the end of the bridge has been dug out, so it was simply and act of faith. Some was gone, and it'll mean some work when the water goes down, but made it. Was one relieved yaller cat that got out on this side, lol! And one relieved yaller-cat mama who did, also.
Ah, you poor flatlanders who haven't an idear of what "Lord willing and the crick don't rise" means. . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would hate to have to call Sheriff Chuck for real

I've had days like that excavator operator ... just like it

luckily yours was a near miss

Phil

puddle said...

Never loved heavy equipment all that much till I came here. Here, it is a most vital part of life! Watching the big cat on the bridge do in an hour what I couldn't in a year is very sobering!

jc said...

Well, I'm glad you made it back to blog about it!