Thursday, August 07, 2008

updated on 08/07/2008 at 12:12AM.

Thanks for all your messages. Tanner is finally asleep tonight. Oh my, he's been literally begging for food all night. Chicken nuggets fries and sauce, then saying he'll just have fries and sauce. When I explained that he couldn't he told me he was "frusfrated", then he said he was "frusfrated and sad." He's begged for pizza, hamburgers, apples, cheese, eggs, sauce, crackers. He pleaded! I kept offering him popsicles or different drinks and he said to me, "I don't want something to drink, I WANT SOMETHING TO EAT." He keeps saying he's going to make his doctors cry tomorrow. "I'm going to make my doctors cry. I'm going to take the needle and make them cry." I can't blame him! Thanks again, Megan




http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Tanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I expect it to help much, but I always considered the kids being feisty a good sign. It's when they're apathetic that I worry--now about the grand kids.

listener said...

I burst into tears after reading these two messages...! Megan, my heart breaks with yours and I am frustrated right along with Tanner. It is NOT natural. Of course, cancer isn't either and we are still pretty primitive in how we get rid of it. =Sigh=

We once had to tell our son that his beloved pet cat had to be put to death by vet injection because it had begun to attack people. He was 4 at the time and very upset, and pleaded with us to find a barn it could live in instead. But we couldn't imagine asking anyone to take a cat that was attacking adults and even little children. (The cat never adjusted from living on 100 acres to an apartment.)

I tell you this story to add that he is now a wildlife biologist and a daddy and now TOTALLY understands what we did and why we did it. Tanner will understand all of this some day, and his struggles from today WILL heal when he understands.

Prayers ensuing for your ache, and his, as well as for the testing to go well and the results to be what we are all hoping to hear.

Meanwhile, remember that that cancer has a 50% survival rate too.

We're in it with you. Thank you for sharing this journey. ♡♥♡