Thursday, August 07, 2008

updated on 08/06/2008 at 12:07PM.

I feel like throwing up. The things we put our kids through just aren't natural. Tanner is scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy under general anesthesia tomorrow at noon. They just called me with the appointment, and as of now he needs to be on clear liquids and we'll have to do a bowel prep. How do I tell my 4 year old that he doesn't get to eat for the next 24+ hours? So, what they're looking for is evidence of PTLD. They haven't come out and said those words, but that's essentially it. Looking for Cancer. A cancer that has a 50% mortality rate. If you would keep Tanner and our family in your prayers, we would be so grateful. Megan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know something unusual is going on, but kids only know what they don't like. Now that he's four, you can tell Tanner there will be tests and not eating is a preparation.
While I'm personally opposed to most invasive medical interventions, trying to find out about things that kill people while they're young isn't about a particular patient or even the participating doctors and researchers--it's about increasing the body of human knowlege, which is really all we have to keep the species alive. Humans don't adapt to the environment; our role is to adapt the environment to us. But, to do that, we have to know how the environment works.

listener said...

Who is our Anony-Mouse?


I know what you mean, I think. I do believe that humans do adapt to a certain extent to their environment. I say this as someone who has moved more than 20 times in her life.