Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TUESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2008 05:09 PM, EDT

Grammy said Ally had a super day today (Mommy had to go to work and set up/get ready for the first day of school)!

While I was at the Jimmy Fund clinic I put the question out there (AGAIN) about when and if Ally is getting radiation. This has been a very difficult question to answer because there are MANY protocols for children's cancer (as there is very little $$ and research done, because it is so rare...only 10,000 - 12,000 kids a year get cancer). I was assured that I would get a phone call by the end of the week letting me know. The person I spoke with was pretty sure Ally's protocol called for radiation AFTER her 2nd transplant. She was also pretty sure it would happen at Dartmouth! We have NO IDEA when the radiation would happen.

Just another little thing for us to be distracted by and worried about!

PS: The car seat still stinks...after a garden hose and a sponge! Luckily the padding eventually came off (with the help of a screwdriver!) and has been washed and dried!

No comments: