Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The image “http://www.utahweather.org/images/weather_photos/floods/1952.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

During the rapid spring thaw of 1952, 1300 South Street in Salt Lake City became a river of water with dirt and sandbag boundaries. (Photo courtesy of National Weather Service.)

I remember this one. My Dad's business was on 13th South. That river ran down the street for two weeks. We have family movies of us all on the dirt bank in front of Commercial Equipment (they built Peterbilts). They even had time to build bridges at intervals across it. When I waded it it, it was up to my 11-year-old chest.



The one I have going right now, in front of the house is a good bit earlier, and colder. Ice flows have been pushed into the bridge culverts, and over the bridge. The water is running over the bridge. More rain expected. Fun, I say, fun!!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you are having flooding right now? I had no idea. At least you know this water is 'clean' right!! -Love Woodle